Monday, June 10, 2013

Father's Heart

We will never be able to fully understand just how wide, long, high and deep God’s love is, but as we remain humble and keep our eyes and heart focused on Him He will always take us deeper into the core of His heart.  Never think that you don’t have enough love to give someone, because if you allow the love of Jesus to be your source, it is limitless!!  For those challenging people in your life or those challenging situations, ask the Father to pour His love into you so that you can give it away to all people and situations you encounter.  Keep your focus on Him and protect your relationship with Him so that you don’t limit the love He wants to release in you and through you.  Guard your heart with Him!!

John had the opportunity to share a message at Sunday’s church service.  He read from Ephesians3:14-21, and I’d like to share those verses because they are all about the Father’s heart and being filled with life, love and power.

                “When I think of the wisdom and scope of God’s plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.  I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit.  And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him.  May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it.  Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.  Now glory be to God!  By His mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we could ever dare to ask or hope.  May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages.  Amen.”
God’s love is total/complete.  It reaches every corner of our experience.  It is wide – it covers the breadth of our own experience, and it reaches out to the whole world.  God’s love is long – it continues the length of our lives.  It is high – it rises to the heights of our celebration and elation.  His love is deep – it reaches to the depths of discouragement, despair, and even death.  When you feel shut out or isolated, remember that you can never be lost to God’s love.  The fullness of God’s love is fully expressed only in Christ.  The fullness of God is available to us, but we must appropriate that fullness through faith and through prayer as we daily live for Him.

We had the opportunity to impart our Heavenly Father’s love to those who desired it.  My dear friend, Anelynn, came up to me for prayer. Immediately I embraced her and the Lord brought to mind a picture He gave to me the other day of a girl wearing a white dress – like a wedding gown – and she was dancing for/with Jesus.  I shared this picture with her and then began dancing with her and spinning her as Jesus did.  I spoke into her identity and broke off lies of the enemy.  I’ve shared with her before that she has a voice that needs to be heard and that God values her and thinks she’s beautiful.  She encountered a deeper level of the Father’s love in that moment.  After the service she came to sit by me and we chatted for a long time.  She shared how Nicole prayed for her yesterday at the youth service.  Her side was swollen and in pain, but when Nicole prayed the pain left and the swelling is gone now.  She has been healed, praise Jesus!!  She told me how her mother died at age 40 from a tumor.  She said when she first saw me I reminded her of her mother.  I was very honored and humbled.  Anelynn has such a sweet and humble spirit about her.  Her love for Jesus shines through her giddiness and joy for the Lord!  When we first met her I shared with her how we share part of the same name, Lyn or Lynn (my middle name is Lyn), and right away that created a special bond between us.  She is a dear friend and sister, and when we leave I will miss her and her smile that lights up the room.  Every time I see her, I can’t help but smile!!  God speaks to Anelynn through pictures – something else we have in common.  She shared with me a picture she received for us the night before at the youth service.  She saw a waterfall over us that didn’t fall straight down but arched/split out around us and then flowed straight down and out into the ocean.  The Lord told her that the picture represents the Holy Spirit coming down upon us and flowing out of us.  All for His glory!!  I began to encourage Anelynn and said that God has given her a gift and that she will bless and encourage many people through it.  She told me how she likes to share with others what God gives her, and that just confirmed my earlier words of her having a voice that needs to be heard!  She can be quiet sometimes, but God is going to move boldly through her and her voice will be heard across the nations.
Our team, along with our friends living on the base, sang a song at church together called, “You Won’t Relent”.  It was an honor and joy to join together with them in song and praise to our God.  Christian Jung even posted a video of it on Facebook and tagged us in it so you can watch it if you’d like.  Some of the words are, “Come be the fire inside of me.  Come be the flame upon my heart.”  Very powerful words to me!  We want the fire of the Lord to blaze within us continually so we can release it wherever we go!  Let your wind blow, Lord.  Let your fire fall!!  Start a fire in Pohpnei, Micronesia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment